I've made some progress on the BLE112 module. So far, I have:
- Got it wired up in the most basic configurations (VDD, GND, debugging and RESET and TX/RX for UART1, alternative 1 and UART0, alternative 2).
- Got the CC Debugger working.
- Created a project consisting of a hardware setup specification, a simple GATT specification and a BGScript.
- Created an iPhone app that scans for Bluetooth LE devices with the required service UUID, connects to a peripheral and finds the two required attributes (one for sending commands to the BLE112 and one for reading responses).
So far, so good. But I've run into a small problem: I can send serial data from the BLE112 (in response to a startup event or when an attribute changes its value – like when the iOS app writes a value to the command attribute) but I can't seem to receive serial data on the BLE112. Everything should be configured correctly (I think) but the event handler simply doesn't get called in the BGScript.
Maybe the port needs to configured differently. Or maybe I will give up and try using SPI instead and see if that helps.
However, since the BLE112 is used only to receive commands from the iPhone and pass them on to the MCU (like "send IR code such-and-such"), I may not even need to send data from the MCU to the BLE112...
I'll do some more troubleshooting and see if I find a solution.
(It seems I'm not the only one with this problem.)